Click here for map!
9191 University Crescent
Verdant at Simon Fraser University (SFU) was built by Vancity Enterprises in 2007. These homes were built as part of an innovate pricing program to ensure affordability at SFU. The townhomes were initially offered at 20% below fair market value, and would continue to be sold at 20% below market value when the current owner chooses to sell.
The three conditions for the program include:
1. Units must be owner occupied and cannot be rented out.
2. On re-sale, the residence must be sold at the same 20% percentage discount below then-current market prices, as appraised by an independent property appraiser.
3. The residence must first be offered to SFU faculty and staff with children before being offered to the general market.
Verdant’s large, two-storey townhomes range from 1,000 to 1,300 square feet each, combing open-plan living and intuitive design which provides ample space to live, play and work. Environmentally-sensitive design and impeccably finished living spaces accent the building’s modern exterior, providing efficient luxury and cost-effective living.
Designed to be certified LEED™, a green building standard, administered by the Canada Green Building Council:
- Durable, long-lasting, low-maintenance exterior finishes
2 dedicated Car Co-Operative parking stalls
A beautifully landscaped central courtyard and playground
Spacious outdoor decks or patios for entertaining and taking in the fresh mountain air
- Rain-screened building envelope with covered walkways and generous roof overhangs
- Durable exterior including brick, Hardiplank siding and Hardiboard panels
- Large windows that increase natural light in every home
- Secure underground parking and convenient visitor parking
- Integrated storage and bike lockers in a secured room
- Convenient, community daycare for toddlers provided by the SFU Childcare Society
- SFU University-standard data network in every suite
- Two parking stalls dedicated for car cooperative use only will make special car trips a snap
- Convenient, covered visitor bike racks at building entrance
- One low-cost Vancity-sponsored Community Transit Pass for making commuting even easier
- Sleek long-plank laminate flooring in living and dining rooms
- Green, ultra-healthy nylon carpeting in bedroom areas
- Contemporary flat panel interior doors with matching handles and stainless steel door hinges complemented by flat door casings and baseboards.
- All interiors feature healthy, low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) eggshell latex wall paint to
help you breathe easy from day one
- Water-efficient European polished chrome fixtures in bathrooms and kitchens. Horizontal ceramic tile kitchen backsplash
- Ultra-modern dual-flush toilets (3 and 6 litre flush) in every bathroom.
- Durable laminate countertops offer the highest level of quality and convenience
- Brushed nickel door pulls complete your home’s current look
- Energy-efficient designer pendant lighting illuminates your kitchen eating bar and dining room area
Verdant is located atop Burnaby Mountain and is within walking distance to SFU, as well as amenities
such as numerous shops, services, restaurants, schools, daycares and is conveniently located near
9191 University Crescent
Vancity Enterprises Ltd.
Number of Units:
Certified LEED Gold
Secured Underground Parking
Dedicated Car Co-Op Parking Stalls
Pets Allowed with Restrictions